Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tasty Thursdays: Cooking with Children

Here is a look at a few of my favorite things when cooking with children (in my house anyway)

Little hands 
Little hands covered in flour & brown sugar
Matching Tutu's
Teensy tiny aprons
Tools sized large and small
Happy faces

The fact is children love to help in the kitchen!
And I know that sometimes you just want to get your cooking and backing done, I am so guilty of this. I see a moment when little bits is distracted or playing quietly and I jump up to get my baking done thinking I can get everything measured, mixed and poured and into the oven before she notices and be cleaning up by the time she comes around to the kitchen!
This never works, AND when she starts to pull up her favorite stool and get's her hands washed and ready by herself and is pulling at the apron on her hook, I just melt and remember how much fun she has, how much she truly loves to cook with me or her Papa.

So, I actually don't have the recipe on hand, as it was a borrowed book from a friend, but I'll tell you it's Molly Katzen from Moosewood Cookbook fame and it comes form her delightful book:






Enjoy!

No comments: