Thursday, June 27, 2013

The call of the Sea

Some days are sad. That's okay.  I try to share here the good days. I know a lot if mama bloggers especially who feel this way.  No life isn't always fun cozy times or long days at the beach or funny antics of a four and a half year old.  But sharing those good times helps make life feel better.  Seem brighter.  Someone once said anxiety and worry are like prayer for bad things to happen.  I think that's true but it doesn't stop worry from happening especially these days with such a wide open world, such a wild and rapid evolution. 
I'm glad I live in a small town.  I can get in the car and drive to the ocean and look out and feel small. Feeling small is good sometimes it puts things into perspective.  Then I can call on a friend to have coffee and sit by the window and look out at my little town. A little town that's growing but still holding into old ways of community and inter connectivity.  I go to the post office where the post master calls on my baby by name. 
I head towards home then, the salt of the sea in my hair and pray for goodness feeling better already. 


No comments: